Resinate Materials Group Earns USDA Certified Biobased Product Label
Plymouth, MI. (December 5, 2018) — Resinate Materials Group® announced today that it has earned the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Certified Biobased Product label on five additional products. 13 Resinate® products are now able to display a unique USDA label that highlights its percentage of biobased content.
The following Resinate products have earned the USDA Certified Biobased Product Label:
- Resinate C3851-100 Low Viscosity Building Block Polyol
- Resinate C1181-100 High Flexibility Modifying Polyol
- Resinate C1182-100 Mid-Flexibility Modifying Polyol
- Resinate C2052-60 Mid Viscosity Polyol for Floor Coatings
- Resinate C2051-50 Low Viscosity Polyol for Floor Coatings
- Resinate A0352-73 High-Performance Polyol for RHMA
- Resinate A0353-75 Multi-Purpose Polyol for RHMA
- Resinate A2553-76 Multi-Purpose Polyol for Solventless Adhesives
- Resinate A2551-100 Polyol for Solventless Adhesives
- Resinate A2552-100 High Recycled Content Polyol for Solventless Adhesives
- Resinate F0651-81 Flex Foam Polyester Polyol
- Resinate F0701-79 Polyol for Flexible Foam Applications
- Resinate F0702-82 Polyol for Flexible Foam Applications
Third-party verification for a product’s biobased content is administered through the USDA BioPreferred Program, an initiative created by the 2002 Farm Bill (and most recently expanded by the 2014 Farm Bill). One of the goals of the BioPreferred Program is to increase the development, purchase, and use of biobased products.
The USDA Certified Biobased Product label displays a product’s biobased content, which is the portion of a product that comes from a renewable source, such as plant, animal, marine, or forestry feedstocks. Utilizing renewable, biobased materials displaces the need for non-renewable petroleum-based chemicals. Biobased products, through petroleum displacement, have played an increasingly important role in reducing greenhouse gas emissions that exacerbate global climate change.
Biobased products are cost-comparative, readily available, and perform as well as or better than their conventional counterparts.
“We applaud Resinate Materials Group for earning the USDA Certified Biobased Product label,” said Kate Lewis, USDA BioPreferred Program. “Products from Resinate are contributing to an ever-expanding marketplace that adds value to renewable agriculture commodities, creates jobs in rural communities, and decreases our reliance on petroleum.”
According to a report that USDA released in 2015, biobased products contributed $369 billion to the U.S. economy in 2013 and support, directly and indirectly, 4 million jobs. The same report found that biobased products also displace approximately 300 million gallons of petroleum per year in the U.S., which is the equivalent of taking 200,000 cars off the road. The increased production of renewable chemicals and biobased products contributes to the development and expansion of the U.S. bioeconomy – where society looks to agriculture for sustainable sources of fuel, energy, chemicals, and materials.
About Resinate Materials Group
Resinate Materials Group is committed to advancing the use of recycled content in specialty polyols, the backbone of materials such as coatings, adhesives, sealants, elastomers, and foams. Since 2007, Resinate has been innovating ways to divert landfill waste, extend the lifecycle of finite resources, and upcycle used molecules into valuable green chemistry solutions.
For more information, contact Resinate at +1 (800) 891-2955, or visit www.resinateinc.com.